9-27-20 The babies' ears have lopped, and they are learning to run and hop! I just can't get enough of these cuties and spend hours with them each day; they're all so friendly! Check out the new video I just created.
I don't plan to even consider posting any of the babies for sale until late October at the earliest. I intend to keep at least one, and the remainder will be available to responsible, loving, pet homes. I will post a heads-up here before listing any babies on the sale page (first-come-first-served).
*Update on the new bunny from Columbus: Nibbles (the name has stuck, so for now, I'm leaving it) improved some on antibiotics but still has an occasional sneeze and the slightest crust around her nostrils. I took her back to the vet Friday for an official culture, and the BunnyVac vaccine company is paying for a pasteurella culture to make sure it's not that bacteria. So, after expenses, I now own a $600 rabbit that may or may not be able to join my herd. And no, the breeder never offered any compensation for selling me a recently vaccinated bunny (undisclosed) who became ill less than 24 hours after pickup nor offered to take the bunny back. :(
9-22-20 Hop on over to the BABIES PAGE for brand new must-see baby pics!! ♥
9-10-20 Cora's babies are a week old and doing well. I posted new pictures on the Babies page and am working on a video of their first week. For those wondering about the new bunny I purchased last week, an unfortunate situation developed, and I had been awaiting my veterinarian's examination before updating everyone. The new bunny (Nibbles is what she had been named by the breeder) began showing symptoms (a bit of sneezing and a tiny bit of wetness on her nose) less than 24 hours after arriving. I knew she had her BunnyVac vaccines for pasteurella ("snuffles"), which eliminated that ominous threat, but I didn't know until after purchasing her that she had received her booster dose of the vaccine just three days prior to pickup. According to research, my veterinarian's opinion, and feedback from the vaccine manufacturer, the vaccine can overwhelm the immune system and allow previously subdued bacteria and viruses to surge. Add in the stress of moving to a new environment the same week = recipe for disaster. I had foolishly been keeping Nibbles in a far, high corner of my barn, thinking she posed little risk coming from a breeder with just two rabbits, but if I had known about the recent injection and risks of the BunnyVac, I would have kept her in my garage and delayed picking her up until the following week at a minimum. My veterinarian examined the swab from Nibbles' nose and identified a cocci type of bacteria, which he says usually has a good prognosis (I suspect Bordetella as the culprit). $200 later, I have two weeks of wrangling Nibbles to take her medicine and hoping she makes a full recovery. My husband and I bleached the bunny barn, and I am only allowing Cora to run free for the next two weeks, the others each having their own outside exercise pens. I'm hoping none of them gets sick and that I can find a reliable breeder to purchase another bunny from once I know my herd is well. PLEASE do your research before opting to vaccinate your bunny with BunnyVac. My veterinarian never recommends this vaccine unless a bunny is in a high risk environment, and I have never given this to any of my bunnies. My best hope at this point is that this was merely a lesson at my monetary expense and that all of my bunnies will be well.
9-3-20 Cora kindled five live babies tonight! See her pulling fur in this photo. Three appear to be creams and two opals.